Naziv projekta:Art tolerant
Broj projekta: 2016-1-HR01-KA105-021881
Financijska potpora: Europska unija/Agencija za mobilnost i programe EU/program Erasmus +
Iznos dodijeljene potpore: 22.675,00 € ili 169.717,84 HRK
Partneri na projektu:
Poljska - Fundacja Dobrych Inicjatyw
Španjolska - AC Amics de la Biblioteca de la Fonteta
Armenija - Today Art Initiative
Gruzija - Student-Youth Council
Turska - KASIF GENCLIK VE SPOR KULUBU DERNEGI
Youth exchange Art Tolerant is an international cultural exchange taking place in Vukovar, Croatia, where youth of Armenia, Georgia, Croatia, Poland, Portugal, Spain and Turkey hosted by Youth Peace Group Danube organization meet to explore ways to actively express tolerance, discuss cultural differences, regional traditions, stereotypes, refugee crisis and use this knowledge to spread it in their societies.
During 11 days, 35 youth from 7 countries will work together on small scale art projects focused on different aspects and views on tolerance as a general motive. Participants will use digital drawing, video, photography, creative writing, music, panel painting, theater, dance, performance and transmedia storytelling to find their own ways to express attitudes and opinions towards cultural differences, intercultural dialogue, stereotypes, refugees or whatever that comes to their minds in connection to tolerance. At the end of the youth exchange, a showcase event of created artworks will be organized open to public giving opportunity to share common or opposing ideas to local community on tolerance and respect. Using their talents, skills and creativity together, participants will find common points between Europe and Caucasus. The event will be organized in Rogoznica and a guerilla marketing campaign will be used to invite local youth to the event. Our aim is to promote tolerance, respect and mutual understanding trough artistic expression of cultural, religious, ethnic diversity between youth from different countries.
Youth exchange will help young people to see how much engagement and developing their own interests and creativity beneficial to themselves and communities the live in. Life offers to youngsters a world of opportunities for activities and fulfillment, to make their own lives more colorful and meaningful, with positive effects not only for them, but also to other actors of the community, by increasing participation in civic life. The project aims to raise confidence of young people from deprived areas to express their own positive ideas and show that there are many interesting ways for the actions.
Goals of Art Tolerant are:
1. Cross-cultural learning and dialogue between the participants from different countries, with a focus on mutual understanding and tolerance
2. To increase youngsters knowledge about different cultures/history/religions and ways to express them in a positive and respectful way
3. Development of creativity and involvement of young people in civil life trough artistic expression
4. To unite youngsters from different backgrounds, nations and cultures
5. To learn how to respect each opinion and break stereotypes through conducting of evaluation and discussion with young people from other countires
6. To promote good neighborly relations between EU member and non EU states and to provide space for friendship and relationship trough art and culture.